We are committed to ensuring that the Parish Church of Saint Alban the Martyr, Westcliff-on-Sea is a safe place for all. The Parochial Church Council of the Parish of Westcliff Saint Alban and Southend Saint Mark has adopted the House of Bishops’ “Promoting a Safer Church: Safeguarding Policy Statement” and is therefore committed to:
- Promoting a safe environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sharon Hinton
Safeguarding Policy and Additional Information
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, or requires immediate medical attention, call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
To contact your local police station to report a non-emergency crime please call 101.